We are committed to safeguarding your privacy. We created this policy to give you confidence with regards to your personal data when visiting and using the Sports and Cultural Council website.
This policy is effective from [01/11/2018].
This policy was last updated on [01/09/2009].
Sports and Cultural Council understands the significant importance of data protection and privacy and is fully committed to achieving compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR.)
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any concerns with regards to the use of your Personal Data and we will happily assist you.
2. What we collect
Only with your consent we will collect and store the following information through this website:
– First and/or last name. (via Contact Page Forms, Bursary Applications, Email signup Forms, Competition Forms, etc)
– Email address and/or telephone number, and/or blog or website URL. (via Contact Page Forms, Bursary Applications, Email signup Forms, Competition Forms, etc)
– Website audience information, and/or blog or website URL, preferences. (via Consultation form, Blog comment form.)
– Demographic information such as age, sex, postcode, preferences and interests. (via Contact Page Forms, Bursary Applications, Email signup Forms, Competition Forms, etc)
– GeoLocation (country), IP address, browser/device, preferences, and interests. (via AW Stats)
– Referral information such as website address, industry, company, etc. (via AW Stats)
3. What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and to provide you with a better service.
Below you will find a list of the things we may store and use your personal data for:
– Internal record keeping.
– Communication (If you use our design services).
– We may use the information you provide to improve our events and services.
– We may occasionally send you promotional email newsletters about our and/or events, or other information which we think you may find interesting using the ‘name’ and ’email address’ which you provided through one of our email signup forms.
– We may use the information you provide to customise our website according to your interests and needs.
– We will NEVER sell, distribute or lease your personal information with any third party unless we are required to do so by law.
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data remains fully secured when visiting our website.
In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures (secure connection) to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Upon visiting this website for the first time, you will be greeted with an option to Accept Cookies.
Cookies are disabled until you consent whether you’d like to accept them. If you decide to accept, the page will reload shortly after. If you’d like to learn more, click the learn more link in the consent options bar.
A cookie is a small file which asks for permission to be placed in your web browser/computer hard drive.
The file is added and the cookie helps us to measure and analyse: website traffic and visitor behavior.
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an “individual”.
The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes, and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your “preferences”.
We use AW Stats traffic log cookies [ http://awstats.sourceforge.io/ ] to identify which pages are being used. This helps us to analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to your needs.
We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any sensitive information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better user experience, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not.
If for any reason you decide that you do not like cookies, you can simply change your browser settings even after you’ve accepted them.
This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website, content, and offers.
6. Third-party tracking
Social Media websites that are listed below can track you through “this Site” as we use their services for social media. i.e. Twitter, YouTube, etc.
You can visit the following sites to read their privacy policies and how they track individuals across the web:
7. Links to other websites
Sports and Cultural Council, “this site”, may contain links to other websites of similar interest and relevance. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website.
Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any personal information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
8. Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
– Whenever you are asked to fill in a contact form on this website, look for the checkbox stating that you consent that the information you are submitting will only be used for communication purposes.
– Whenever you are asked to fill in an email signup form on this website, look for the checkbox stating that you consent that the information you are submitting can be collected and stored in order for you to receive timely updates content via email communication.
– If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for these purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties as required by law. All information received by the SCC will be held in strictest confidence and is not disclosed to any party whatsoever for any reason.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1988. A small fee maybe payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the SCC.
If you believe that any information we hold on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Sports and Cultural Council CDETB
Kylemore College, Ballyfermot,, Dublin 10.
The Sports and Cultural Council – City of Dublin ETB.